We believe children learn best and thrive in an environment where they are kept physically and emotionally safe. We value play as a child’s ‘work’ and Kaiako will provide for, guide, and support children’s play with respect and plan intentionally to support your child’s growth and development.
It would be our privilege to spend some time with you, and show you around our family-focused centre. Because, above all, we understand that while you’re away from your child, you need peace of mind that your child is safe, happy, and is enjoying a wonderful world of early childhood experiences.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We desire to work in partnership with whānau, because we believe families who contribute actively to their child’s learning goals, will deeply enrich their preschool years.
- We have 8 rooms, and all this space allows us to have smaller groups of children with specialised care that focuses on the developmental needs of each age group.
- We love celebrations! Throughout the year, we intentionally plan for and learn about celebrations that reflect the cultural diversity of our centre community.
- We provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
About Our Care
At Kindercare Dannemora, we provide age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to stimulate their senses, nurture their curiosity, and prepare them for primary schooling. We work in partnership with parents to ensure that each child has the opportunity to develop their full potential, and we welcome and encourage parent participation in our centre community.
Our centre is committed to providing responsive and respectful care for each child. We invite parents to share their family news, give us feedback, and collaborate with us on their child’s individual learning plan and goals. Together, we can create a successful pathway to school for your child.
Since 2001, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking and discovery. Our centre is conveniently located for families in East Tamaki, Dannemora and Flat Bush.
We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
We look forward to supporting you and your child on their incredible journey with us through these early years.
Life At Our Centre
Debbie and Tezy
Thank you Kindercare Dannemora, for being so accommodating creating a space for our son. Michelle at the front desk is an absolute superstar! Not to mention the delish aromas that fill the air from the kitchen as healthy and nutritious meals are prepared each day. Seeing our son happy and full of smiles reassures me of our decision.
Aside from the delicious smells wafting down the hallway from the kitchen every morning, the level of care and love towards the children is second-to-none. The team is open and approachable, genuine and respectful. There’s nothing more important to any parent than knowing that your children are safe, loved and well cared for in your absence.
The team made us all feel so welcome! We were able to drop in at any time and we’ve been kept well informed about our son’s progress. I cannot say enough about his wonderful Teachers. They always took the time to welcome us each day and talk to us about him. Because he was well prepared, his transition to school has been stress-free.