At Kindercare Pinehill, we’re more than just an experienced team that will keep your child safe, loved, and learning. We see ourselves as an extended part of your family, partnering with you to ensure the best possible care for your child, and a sense of belonging for your whole whānau. We have been in a part of this North Shore community since 2003!
Joy-filled early years that are enriched with love and fun are just waiting for your child at our daycare centre. In our relaxed, flexible, and nurturing environment, your child’s natural curiosity to learn will be fostered, as their uniqueness and individualism is valued and celebrated.
So, give us a call, or better yet, pop in for a visit! And bring your child with you. We’d love to meet you, show you around, and hear about how we can best meet your needs. We are conveniently located for families in Pinehill, and Albany.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- Our centre’s thoughtful design enables us to provide small intimate room sizes that fosters calm, unhurried peaceful learning spaces; this is unique within our surrounding community.
- We recognise that a child’s first day in a new environment is a big step. Therefore we design an individual pathway plan to ensure your child feels safe and loved while they are settling at our centre.
- Our operational hours allow us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- Our centre offers Sports4Tots (paid for by parents additionally), a weekly program based on active movement.
- You and your child will be matched with a whānau support teacher who is committed to working in partnership with you as a family to build a close, respectful, and trusting relationship.
- We’re proud of our history of long serving Kaiako— their specialised passions include language and literacies, performing arts, music, active movement, school readiness, digital innovation, and gardening.
About Our Care
At Kindercare Pinehill, we believe that the best care and learning for your child starts with creating a safe and loving environment, while providing plenty of opportunities to help them learn and grow. Our Teachers recognise that each child has unique needs and individual behaviours, and we respond in a personal way to promote each child’s social and emotional competence.
Our care and play approach to learning allows your child to have fun while being involved in a range of activities appropriate for their developmental stage, whether they are an infant, toddler or preschooler. These activities build and improve essential skills such as reflexes, vision, hearing, sensory awareness, spatial awareness, direction, midline, patterns, memory, and visual discrimination. We know that these foundations must be laid in their early years to enable your child to achieve greater success in their schooling years.
We have two specially designed baby rooms that maintain a low teacher-child ratio, where our teams are committed to providing responsive, nurturing care in a naturally lit space. Our toddler rooms offer a relaxed atmosphere where your child is encouraged to be curious, to explore, and grow their emerging self-help skills. Our fun-filled programs will introduce your preschooler to early phonetic sounds, literacy, numeracy, language, and listening skills.
We understand the importance of building strong, supportive relationships with you. That’s why we love hosting events in the centre throughout the year— family breakfasts, centre fun days and whānau evenings to name a few. These events provide an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and your child better, and for us to learn more about your family’s traditions, values, and language. We believe in recognising the cultural diversity of every whānau, and celebrating national and international events with you and your child.
We also know that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
I would like to extend my thanks to the team at the Kindercare Pinehill. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. It is comforting to know my child is looked after well, both nutritionally and also when it comes to her nurturing. Learning from the Teachers has helped me with her development at home.
The teachers in the babies room at Kindercare Pinehill are absolute gems, and I was nervous when my daughter was due to move to the next room up. However, the teachers in her new room are just as lovely and caring, and they really took the time to make us feel comfortable in the new room. It feels like you are leaving your child with family!
The moment you walk through the doors at Kindercare Pinehill, you feel the genuine love and warmth. Throughout the past 4+ years, I’ve watched my son flourish and he continues to amaze me with the knowledge he has gained and how well he was prepared for school life. I also love that Kindercare has a wholesome meal for the children’s lunch.