When visiting a childcare centre, ‘gut feel’ is very important. I encourage you to look for a daycare centre in which you feel comfortable, where their values align with yours, where you know your child and whānau will be loved and respected, and where you believe the aspirations for your child will be met.
That’s why we’d love for your family to come and personally visit our centre. Every family and indeed every child is unique. So we provide a tailored approach to visits, start dates, and enrolment in more detail, to do our best to meet your needs. We’d love to meet you and your child; chat to you personally and show you around our wonderful centre. We will also introduce you to our nurturing and committed team, so you feel part of our Kindercare whānau.
We can’t wait to welcome your family, today. We are conveniently located for families in Orewa, Red Beach, and Silverdale, on the Hibiscus Coast.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We have long-serving Kaiako with a wealth of experience and stability, providing a home away from home.
- The Pathways to School and Kura program is weaved throughout the rooms, particularly in our preschool room to support tamariki in preparing for their primary school years.
- We value fun, trust, growth, whānau and teamwork—all values we believe are crucial in enabling freedom to learn through play, and for tamariki to make their own choices.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality, plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- Our operational hours allow us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, including full-time and part-time care.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
About Our Care
We are committed to maintaining a culture of kindness and providing respectful care in an environment where tamariki are recognised for who they are and the mana they possess. Every child deserves to have their individuality recognised, respected and supported, to know that their contribution makes a difference.
At Kindercare Silverdale, our team believes we are sending tamariki out into the world as wonderful all-rounders who recognise their own unique value. That is why we are committed to providing care and education that sets them up for success—socially, academically, physically, and emotionally.
Our devoted Kaiako provide an environment where learning is fun, where curiosity and wonder are celebrated and a growth mindset is encouraged. The learning that matters here is developed collaboratively, with the aspirations of families and whānau playing an important part in supporting each child’s learning journey. It all begins with relationships and family.
Ki te kāpuia e kore e whati.
We succeed together.
Life At Our Centre
There is nothing more satisfying for parents than to know that your child is being given the same amount of love and care at an early childhood centre, as they are at home. Thank you for everything you have done for our daughter. She is really going to miss you all and can’t wait to come back and tell you all about school!
To the wonderful women at Kindercare Silverdale: Thank you all so very much for all the fantastic teaching, love and care that you’ve given to our daughter (and us), over the last 5 years. You rock!
Thanks so much for the lovely care you provided to our daughter while she was at Kindercare Silverdale. When we initially thought about moving our daughter here, a lovely Teacher showed me around during our visit making me feel happy to go ahead with the change. Our daughter had a lot of support during her transition into the centre.