Kindercare Three Kings
When you choose Kindercare Three Kings, you’re not just choosing a childcare centre—you’re joining a community of parents and Teachers who are all working towards a common goal: to give our children a better-than-best start to life! We’re here to support you and your family every step of the way, as you navigate the joys and challenges of parenthood.
But don’t just take our word for it; come and experience the Kindercare difference for yourself. We tell parents who visit us that the most important thing to be aware of when choosing a centre for your child is how it makes you feel. Our Kaiako are experienced, knowledgeable and passionate individuals, who hold your child’s hand and heart safely until you return.
Our converted 100-year-old villa that is brimming with character and charm, is conveniently located for families in Three Kings, Mt Roskill, and Mt Eden. Come visit us some time soon.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We desire to work in partnership with whānau, because we believe families who contribute actively to their child’s learning goals, will deeply enrich their preschool years.
- We love celebrations! Throughout the year, we intentionally plan for and learn about celebrations that reflect the cultural diversity of our centre community.
- Our operational hours allows us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- Kaiako provide a peaceful and nurturing environment, rooted in respectful care practices and through strong partnerships with parents.
- Each room has their own beautiful garden with plenty of space, real grass, lush trees, a vegetable garden, worm farms, mud & sand pits. We believe this enables children to understand that they are kaitiaki to their environment.
- The heart of our centre is our cultural diversity within our team, tamariki and whānau. We celebrate this with the understanding that we can work together to build foundations for acceptance, tolerance and understanding.
About Our Care
Since 1987, our daycare centre has been providing outstanding early childhood care and education. Childcare at our centre is designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day, ensuring they’re ready for primary school when the time comes.
Our indoor and outdoor play spaces offer exciting opportunities for children to spend time with others at a similar age and stage of development. Kaiako intentionally set up our environments, to provoke thought, nurture curiosity and meet your child’s individual needs. We believe care and nurturing come first, and learning happens through play.
We also encourage parents to get involved in their child’s learning journey. We use Educa, our online portfolio and parent message board, to keep our families updated on what’s happening at the centre and your child’s day. We value your input and feedback, as we believe strong parent partnerships provide the best care and learning for your child.
By fostering deep connections in our wider community, your child will benefit from real-life learning experiences. We regularly visit the local library and primary schools, giving your child a chance to become more familiar with their future educational environment. Our trips to rest homes near the centre are another opportunity for tamariki to learn respect for elders and interact with a different generation.
We also value bringing our centre families together for special events and celebrations. Our annual Christmas show, whānau picnic, Waitangi Day celebration, Chinese New Year, Diwali, and Matariki soup night are just a few of the many traditions we love to share with our whānau. Because at Kindercare, whānau truly matter.
We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
Kindercare Three Kings has become part of our extended family. We have received a huge amount of support for our son and for us, as growing parents. Our son looks forward to full and varied days where he learns and plays, and we can trust that he’s being loved and cared for. We also appreciate being kept informed about his learning and we are confident our son is being actively engaged and getting outstanding preschool care.
Nick & Helen
After such an unsettling move to the other side of the world, it was very important that the childcare we chose for our children would provide them with the support they would need to find their feet in New Zealand, develop their minds, their emotional resilience, and physical skills. Kindercare Three Kings was an easy choice for us. Their love and kindness has made an enormous difference to our children’s well-being.
My husband and I continue to be deeply impressed and reassured through the warm, knowledgeable and positive attitudes of all the Teachers at Kindercare Three Kings. They have created an open-door, family-oriented culture for both the team and parents. Our son says the meals prepared by the Cook at the centre are better than what he's served at home!