Welcome to Kindercare Aidanfield, where we believe children are incredibly capable and uniquely remarkable. My team and I are intentional about providing an inclusive and nurturing environment for children, embracing their individuality, aspirations, and cultural heritage. We take pride in offering more than just a safe environment; we create a warm and loving space where tamariki can thrive.
As part of our commitment to keep children safe, loved and learning, we believe in empowering them to understand that they are powerful creators of their own world. This is because we know that empowered children develop resilience and social-emotional regulation, fostering self-respect and respect for others.
You’ll find our teaching and learning environments at Kindercare Aidanfield to have a positive impact, enabling daily communication with whānau to provide best outcomes for children. We know you’ll experience a home away from home when you visit our centre, where children and whānau feel a strong sense of belonging. This is because while we’re here to provide outstanding care and education, we understand that the key to this is through working in partnership with whānau, recognising that you play a significant role in providing best outcomes for your child.
So if you’re looking for childcare, experience the Kindercare difference; start by visiting us because we’d love to show you this Aidanfield preschool and introduce you to our experienced team. We’re here to serve.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We value healthy bodies and minds and we promote this through physically active play, music and movement.
- We’re big on teaching tamariki to have social-emotional competencies like resilience, persistence, organisation, confidence, cooperation through our You Can Do It! Program to promote life-long learning for each child.
- We have an experienced team with a range of skillset and strengths to provide your child with a breadth of learning experiences.
- Our operational hours allows us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- We believe in maintaining whanaungatanga, or strong reciprocal relationships between our team, tamariki, whānau and within the community at large.
- We know our local schools and community well, being kept in the loop with what’s happening in our neighbourhood.
- We enjoy coming together to celebrate special events and on Fridays we come together for a time of music where we also promote tuakana teina; this is a cultural concept of encouraging teaching and learning between older and younger tamariki.
About Our Care
With a high ratio of certificated Teachers at Kindercare Aidanfield, childcare at our centre is designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day. Our team is dedicated supporting the holistic development of each child because value the trust you place in us to care for your child.
We have two small rooms just for babies with dedicated outdoor spaces, thoughtfully designed to create a warm, intimate and nurturing environment. Additionally, our toddler room boasts its own outdoor play area, providing ample opportunities for tamariki to explore and engage with nature while having fun.
Since 2018, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking, discovery, and curiosity. With our convenient Halswell location—right on your way to the CBD and other neighbouring suburbs—we’re here to make your daily commute as simple as possible. We are conveniently located for families in Aidanfield, and Hillmorton.
We also believe in the importance of weaving in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori throughout our teaching practices, and we’re committed to honouring a bicultural partnership that’s unique to Aotearoa. By intentionally incorporating the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we seek to create a culturally rich and inclusive environment for all tamariki. We celebrate diversity and provide equitable opportunities for every child, regardless of their abilities, family structure, values, or beliefs.
We understand that families have different childcare requirements, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
We made the switch six months ago from our previous preschool, and Kindercare Aidanfield has surpassed all our expectations. Our girls are thriving, enjoying preschool, and developing their learning and social skills tremendously. We know they are well-cared for and we appreciate the regular updates we receive from the team. The incorporation of learning into everyday activities, such as the letter of the week, has been a huge hit with our four-year-old.
Kindercare Aidanfield have the most caring and understanding Teachers, an incredible space, engaging resources, excellent communication and genuine connections between home and school. Choosing a preschool was very daunting but we love you guys are so happy to shout from the rooftops how much you’re all appreciated!
Thank you Kindercare Aidanfield for your consistent hard work and dedication to our daughter. Over the past years, she has grown and learned much. Thanks for your patience, your kindness and willingness to support her. We're grateful to the team for being a part of her preschool journey.