At Kindercare Avonhead we seek to create a nurturing environment where children can grow, learn, and celebrate the joy of childhood. We believe that every child is unique, that they are are competent learners, and that they must be respected as individuals. We believe this helps tamariki feel safe and loved, and that as a result, learning will naturally take place.
My team and I recognise the importance of social and emotional competencies as key learning for tamariki. So we seek to provide a care and learning program that nurtures their resilience, foundation skills and communication skills to support them to be confident, empowered and prepared not only for school but for all that life has to offer them. We work in partnership with whānau, the local kura and community around us.
We understand that putting your child in daycare is a significant decision, and we want to assure you that we prioritise your child’s safety, love, and learning. Many of us are parents ourselves, we empathise with the challenges you may face, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
I invite you to visit our centre, meet our loving team, and experience our “home away from home” environment firsthand. We know you’ll love Kindercare and want to become part of our whānau.
He purapura i ruia mai i Rangiātea e kore e ngaro.
A seed sown in Rangiātea will never be lost.
Terri de Geest
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We’re big on teaching tamariki to have social-emotional competencies like resilience, persistence, organisation, confidence, cooperation through our You Can Do It! Program.
- We also emphasise whanaungatanga or strong relationships, alongside inclusion and aroha as important values within our centre.
- Our team of Kaiako are experienced, consistent and skilled in a range of strengths to provide your child with a breadth of learning experiences.
- Our operational hours allows us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- We love celebrations! Throughout the year, we intentionally celebrate special events and learning phrases and words in languages related to the different ethnicities and cultures represented in our centre.
- We receive regular positive feedback on how well prepared our preschoolers are when they transition to kura; just ask one of the four local schools in our community!
- We have a garden in each of our outdoor areas where we grow a variety of seasonal fruits, veggies, and flowers. This provides a great learning opportunity for tamariki to be kaitiaki, or stewards of their environment by looking after these gardens.
About Our Care
Childcare at our centre is designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day.
We believe tamariki develop holistically and we desire to provide an inclusive curriculum that is underpinned by Te Whāriki, and for every child to have the opportunity to develop to their full potential through engaging in authentic experiences and learning. We see play as meaningful learning, and we regard spontaneous play as a vehicle for children to recognise their own ability to learn, discover and gain confidence in themselves.
At this Avonhead preschool, we embrace te ao Māori and weave its core principles into our learning programme to reflect a biculturalism that’s unique to Aotearoa. By intentionally incorporating the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we seek to create a culturally rich and inclusive environment for all tamariki. We also celebrate the diverse cultures and ethnicities of the families that make up our vibrant centre community. We believe in learning from you as much as your child learns from us, creating collaborative and enriching experiences that we believe lead to best outcomes for your child, and create a sense of belonging for them.
Since 2009, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking, discovery, and curiosity. We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
I was impressed with the safety and security measures, and a preschool that I was able to trust. Our children are bilingual and the team have beautifully incorporated our values and beliefs into their learning. They have also taught them a range of skills to cope with many situations that may arise in life. These skills are reflected in our eldest two who are now thriving at school.
Kindercare Avonhead has made this mother's heart feel so at ease knowing her children can't wait to go to daycare in the morning and all-smiles at pick-up. Thank you for creating a safe haven for my daughters and allowing them to be themselves. They say it takes a village to raise a child and I am privileged to have this place as my village.
Hao and Uyen
Kindercare Avonhead has been a second home to my four children over the last 12 years collectively. We feel extremely grateful for your team's patience, enthusiasm, passion and influence over my children. Thanks for your commitment and quality of care— you are the best early childhood education centre! And thank you very much for everything you have done as a team for my family!