You’ll love Kindercare Flagstaff! We’ve got a special place in our local community. Families just like yours choose us because they know in our care, their child will experience the joy of learning through play, benefits from variety and gentle moments of care throughout the day. They’ll also make friends in a relaxed, ‘home-away-from-home’ environment.
Our qualified team of Teachers work together in a multicultural environment, to develop each child’s full potential through fun-filled play, nurturing curiosity, hononga and whanaungatanga. We believe that as Kaiako, it is our role to support tamariki in their development of social-emotional skills that will set them up for success as they make their way through life’s changes and challenges. This is why we place high importance on building children’s social-emotional dispositions such as confidence, resilience, organisation and cooperation. We know that by supporting them this way, they too, will see themselves the way we see them— each one as capable and confident individuals with a love for life-long learning.
Our centre is conveniently located for families in Flagstaff, and Horsham downs. So, before you make any decisions, chat to us. Or better still, come and visit us—tell us about your childcare needs so we can work together to give your child a winning start in life, in these early years.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We’re big on teaching tamariki to have social-emotional competencies like resilience, persistence, organisation, confidence, cooperation through our You Can Do It! Program.
- We place emphasis on movement as a way of learning so that at each stage of development, from babies through to preschoolers, it reflects how the body teaches the brain.
- Our operational hours allows us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- We have a veggie garden, a worm farm, and we often set up a variety of “workstations” to provide tamariki with hands-on and real-life experiences as part of their learning and development.
- We also have regular visits to the local primary school to enable children who are ready for school to build connections with their local primary school before they begin their journey in kura.
- For the 3–5 year old preschooler, we offer a kindergarten-style program from 9am–3pm up to 20 hours a week.
About Our Care
Since 2017, this Flagstaff childcare centre has been working in partnership with whānau aspirations, meeting their aspirations and the needs of each child in our care, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day.
In addition to strengthening each child’s social-emotional skills, we also believe that we have a responsibility to give children the tools to be positive contributors to society, by building capacity for compassion, empathy and respect for the differences and similarities of others. Our team model respect to each child, celebrating their uniqueness and contributions they make to our centre community. And when it comes to preparing tamariki for kura, we are intentional about creating opportunities for self-help, self-regulation and organisational habits.
Our toddler spaces offer a relaxed atmosphere where your child is encouraged to be curious, to explore, and grow their emerging skills. And because we understand what matters most for infants is that they feel safe and loved, our babies room is designed to be a ‘home away from home’.
Our Flagstaff daycare centre also has a sessional room with a part-time care option. This room has been created to provide children with provocations for play, encouraging children to critically think, enquire, problem solve and practice skills that they need when moving into the school environment. Tamariki are free to tinker and explore their beautifully set up environment. We’d love to show you around this very special room, set up to inspire wonder and curiosity.
We work in partnership with parents to ensure that each child has the opportunity to develop their full potential, and we welcome and encourage parent participation in our centre community. We also understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
The team are very supportive and understanding environment, conducive to forming great friendships for our daughter in a loving, fun environment. I feel very comfortable knowing my daughter is in safe and caring hands whilst I’m away at work. I cannot speak highly enough of Kindercare Flagstaff and feel it is a real hidden gem!
Choosing Kindercare Flagstaff is one of the best decisions we have ever made as parents. We gratefully appreciate the team's professionalism and dedication in looking after our child and helping her grow into such a confident little girl. I highly recommend Kindercare Flagstaff to parents who are looking for a welcoming, caring, supportive, inclusive, and experienced daycare.
A friend recommended Kindercare Flagstaff when I was looking for childcare and right from the first visit I knew it was the perfect fit for my daughter. I love their gentle approach, how engaged they are with the children, their communication and their nutritious meals. Even after moving out of Hamilton, we still commute so our children can remain here; that’s how awesome they are!