At Kindercare Karori, we believe that childhood is a fun and exciting period in a child’s life, where they are encouraged to explore and learn from their environment. My team and I are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free learning environment that fosters curiosity, confidence, and autonomy in tamariki. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness of each child, understanding that they learn in different ways with their own strengths, interests, and passions.
As Kaiako, we believe that spontaneous play is a meaningful way to learn. We also place emphasis on building whanaungatanga, or relationships, rooted in strong parent partnerships, as well as embracing the cultural diversity that each whānau brings to the centre.
We understand that finding the right place for your family can a challenging decision for any parent. I warmly welcome you to visit our family-focused early childhood centre and experience our whānau vibes firsthand. Rest assured, while your child is with us, they will be cared for, loved, and supported in their learning journey at their own pace, based on their individual strengths and interests.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We have 5 classrooms, allowing us to provide specialised care and age-appropriate resources that focus on the developmental needs of each age group.
- Our approach to learning is child-led, which means we don’t fit children into our learning program, but rather we adapt our program to suit a child’s development.
- Our operational hours allow us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- our centre has a beautiful garden with native trees, which complements the nearby Zelandia and its home to native birds.
- We have an experienced team of Kaiako who love what they do!
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
- Tamariki at our centre take part in regular excursions to the local schools and library.
- We love celebrations! Throughout the year, we intentionally plan for and learn about celebrations that reflect the cultural diversity of our centre community.
About Our Care
Our centre is thoughtfully designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day.
Nestled amidst the serene surroundings of Otara Bush and Karori Sanctuary, this Karori childcare centre offers a “home away from home” experience. You’ll love the feeling of being part of a larger whānau at our centre—particularly with our homely atmosphere, loving rituals through the day, and commitment to building meaningful connections with each tamariki and adult in our centre.
Since 2013, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking, discovery, and curiosity. Conveniently located for families in Karori, The Glen, Northland, Wilton, Highbury and Kelburn, we invite you to join us and experience the Kindercare difference at our Karori daycare centre.
We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Come and discover the aroha, care, and learning awaiting you and your child at Kindercare Karori.
Life At Our Centre
Kindercare Karori has a real whānau vibe and everyone is so welcoming! The team got to know our little girl so quickly and Kaiako in her room do a remarkable job! We are so grateful for how much our daughter has flourished at this centre.
Kindercare Karori has been a home away from home for my daughter since her first day. I'm amazed at how much she learns and grows everyday! The creativity and activities her Teachers plan are well beyond what I could do at home. I love the incredible bond the the children here have with their teachers, and this is clear throughout the centre. I couldn't imagine my child being anywhere else!
As a new mum, Kindercare settled my nerves by fast becoming a second home for my children, who absolutely love going every day. Since being at daycare, the meals, the team, and the communication have all made going back to work easier. The teachers have a special bond with every child, with genuine care and a friendly face to welcome you. My children are thriving at Kindercare and I couldn't recommend them enough to anyone considering enrolling.