At Kindercare Paraparaumu, our team is wholeheartedly dedicated to providing great outcomes for tamariki and whānau. We strive to create an environment that embraces whakawhanaungatanga—building relationships—and manaakitanga, instilling these values into every child’s learning journey. Though we are part of a large organisation, our curriculum is localised to meet the needs of our community here in Paraparaumu, creating a nurturing space that feels like a second home, where authentic connections are formed and strengthened.
We strongly believe in the value of working in partnership with parents and the whānau we serve, and encourage you to be involved within the centre community. By fostering trust, respect, and a genuine sense of care, we know we can meet the unique needs of each family. And by aligning our practices with the aspirations of whānau, we create purposeful and well-planned learning experiences for your child.
Kaiako have a wealth of experience and a genuine passion for early childhood education. Our team culture is rooted in keeping tamariki safe, loved, and eager to learn.
So come and join us! And let our whānau take care of your precious whānau.
Hapaitia te ara tika pumau ai te rangatiratanga mo ngā uri whakatipu.
Foster the pathway of knowledge to strength, independence and growth for future generations.
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We have a dedicated sleep room for children under the age of two years.
- Our team is fantastic; we bring a wealth of experience collectively, we love to have fun and above all, we’re all about providing outcomes that benefit children and their whānau.
- We encourage and celebrate the special bond between older and younger children, fostering tuakana-teina relationships.
- We organise weekly excursions, engage in literacy activities like Letterland, as well You Can Do It! to teach children about social-emotional competencies. We also have special wheels days in our carpark.
- Our operational hours allows us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- Our purpose-built centre features beautifully large outdoor spaces, designed with natural materials, providing lots of space for imaginative play, building friendships, and to challenge learning through movement.
- We have modern facilities and spacious car parks for whānau.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences. You won’t find this perk with our competitors.
About Our Care
Childcare at our centre is designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day. Caring for our people and our centre is at the heart of everything we do. Our teaching philosophy revolves around nurturing the well-being of our children and maintaining a positive and supportive atmosphere.
Since 2019, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking, discovery, and curiosity. We are conveniently located for families on the Kapiti Coast, including Waikanae, Paekākāriki, Paraparaumu, Ōtaki and Raumati.
In our babies’ rooms, we practice a form of primary caregiving, a nurturing approach that allows us to provide individualised attention to each child. We have dedicated spaces for our youngest ones, thoughtfully designed to create a warm and intimate environment, tailored to meet their specific needs and developmental stages.
For energetic toddlers, we understand the importance of individualised care, a safe environment, with a fun-filled curriculum. Our toddler rooms offer a relaxed atmosphere where your child is encouraged to be curious, to explore, and to grow their emerging self-help skills.
We have an exciting program called Pathways to School and Kura, which is aligned with the New Zealand curriculum, and sets up preschool tamariki for school success.
We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. This enables us to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
Robyn and Terrance
We knew from the moment we were first shown around that Kindercare was the place we wanted to enrol our son in. We love the history of how Kindercare came to be and the values it holds. The team has always been welcoming, friendly and caring. We are so grateful for all the time and effort that has gone into helping shape our son for the future.
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and your amazing team for making us all feel so incredibly welcome during our first week. Your team is patient, persistent, understanding and caring. The environment you have created here is calm and welcoming.
The teachers are all so kind and amazing, making my daughter feel right at home from day one. I’m able to leave her knowing she is in safe hands and can go to anyone on the team for cuddles or anything she might need. It’s also so nice to see such a friendly hands on Centre Director!