If you’re thinking about childcare in Tawa, Granada, Johnsonville, Churton Park, Porirua, Titahi Bay, and surrounding areas, this is a personal invitation for you to visit our centre. Our centre is situated 2 minutes from a main railway station, just off of State Highway 59/southern end State Highway 1 and is part of a growing established community.
Ngā mihi nui,
Centre Director / Pou Kaitiaki
Why Choose Our Centre
Simply put, it’s because we offer outstanding early childhood care and learning. But here are a few other great reasons:
- We desire to work in partnership with whānau, because we believe families who contribute actively to their child’s learning goals, will deeply enrich their preschool years.
- We love celebrations! Throughout the year, we intentionally plan for and learn about celebrations that reflect the cultural diversity of our centre community.
- Our operational hours allow us to provide flexible options to suit your family’s needs, with full-time and part-time care.
- Kai is included. We provide high-quality plant-based whole-food meals for tamariki—all cooked on-site and prepared with love.
- Our centre has been designed with siblings to freely interact with each other throughout the day; so you’ll experience some strong whānau vibes at this centre first-hand.
- We offer a generous leave policy because we understand the unpredictability of children’s absences.
About Our Care
Childcare at our centre is designed to meet whānau aspirations and the needs of each child, with age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers throughout their day.
Our centre is committed to providing responsive and respectful care for each child. We invite parents to share their family news, give us feedback, and collaborate with us on their child’s individual learning plan and goals. Together, we can create a successful pathway to kura for your child.
Since 2011, we have been a part of the community, offering a fun-filled learning program that encourages innovative thinking, discovery, and curiosity.
We understand that families have different childcare needs, and we would love to discuss them with you. We’re also keen to hear about what matters to you as a family because the more we understand your family’s needs, the better we’re able to partner with you, and respond to your child, while in our care—with affection and cuddles, flexible, creative and challenging learning experiences. This how we provide great outcomes for your child; by working together to provide a tailored approach to your child’s care, learning and fees, to support their growth.
Life At Our Centre
Scott & Ashley
Kindercare Tawa have welcomed our family with open arms! The care and love they show for our whānau warms our hearts. The team genuinely take the time to get know our family and make us feel special. I’m confident that our kids are receiving the best care, nutrition, love and education each day. Thank you for being such an important part of our family support network.
Alex & James
It was always going to be hard having our babies in daycare while we went back to work, but Kaiako at Kindercare made this transition so much easier. We have always felt supported in our decisions as parents at Kindercare Tawa and it is clear that our children are cherished for who they are. Both our children clearly love their Kaiako and have such positive social interactions in their rooms.
Le-Ann and Jacques
We couldn't be happier with the daily care, compassion, patience, love, and commitment we receive at Kindercare Tawa. Our oldest has grown into a confident and capable child with your guidance, and our youngest is unquestionably following in his footsteps. Thank you for creating this safe space for them—you have such a significant impact on their growth.